3D Game Engine : Sandbox Engine DS-DSi Update
August 15, 2011 2 Comments
Submitted by : digitopz.com
As most players knew Sandbox Engine DS-DSi, the work in progress 3D game engine for the DS and DS,which has been updated to version 004.5 by t377y000.for more information about this homebrew，look at following content :
Sandbox Engine DS-DSi Introduction
It was basically a 3d FPS game style, it was being made for DS for a while, but since the DSi’s sudokuhax exploit, its being made with DSi mode in mind. for now its just in beta. but the next version is gonna have lots of improvements.(working on a new code)
Sandbox Engine DS-DSi V004.5 Updated Features :
Change log (v004.5):
• made lots of changes to the code, & bug fixes.
• actually added a basic GUI finally.
• there are 4 maps now, im adding more objects, cars, buildings, houses & maps, etc & looking for ways to make the maps bigger.
• the texture changing & ability to move the camera up & down has been removed in this release but will return next release.
(Edit: i saved the ability to pan camera up & down in this version.)
• i made some textures higher resolution like grass, & snow. more will have higher resolution in next version.
• the 1st map a small island with a house, the 2nd map a sandy beach, the 3rd map is just a small snowy island but there’s a building with floors, & the 4th map is like an intersection, with some houses & the building & cars.